Generation South Park, Generation Y Conservatism
NewsReal’s Chris Yogerst is currently blogging about this season’s politically-oriented episodes of Comedy Central’s satirical cartoon South Park. Chris’s focus: the show’s relationship with “Generation Y Conservatism,” an emerging ideological orientation among those born between 1980 and 1995 who are just beginning to emerge onto the political scene.
What is Generation Y Conservatism? There’s no clear answer yet. It’s up to those of us in Generation Y to define it. And we’re beginning that discussion here at NewsReal. NewsReal features the writings of numerous Gen Y conservatives in addition to Yogerst and myself: Tim and Alissa Birkel, Calvin Freiburger, and Michael van der Galien. That Gen Y Conservatism has developed in the constant shadow of the cable news culture is another reason why NewsReal is an appropriate venue to begin this discussion. Unlike previous generations, for as long as we’ve been politically aware the cable news matrix has played a role in shaping our understanding of the political landscape.
This page will feature links to all of the entries in Chris’s series as well as other articles on the subject of Generation Y Conservatism by NewsReal’s bloggers and others. If you’ve written an article or a blog post about this subject then please email me (DavidSwindle AT gmail Dot com) so it can be added to our collection. Likewise, if you would like to submit an article for NewsReal to publish on the subject then please email me.
Chris Yogerst’s Generation South Park Series
- Part 1:Butters Goes to ACORN
- Part 2: Stan Takes On Sissy Environmentalists
- Part 3: Cartman Gives Wendy the Glenn Beck Treatment
More Articles About or Relating to Generation Y Conservatism
(Most recent articles are on top)
- NewsReal: What Does David Frum’s New Majority Name Change Say about the Conservatism He Advocates? By Michael van der Galien
- Calvin Freiburger Online: Generation Y Conservatism
- NewsReal: Why So Many on the Right and the Left Can’t Figure Out How to Deal With Glenn Beck By David Swindle
- NewsReal: How Will Generation Y Distinguish Itself on the Conservative Chessboard? By David Swindle
- NewsReal: Understanding, Accepting, and Finally Celebrating the Conservative Chessboard By David Swindle
- NewsReal: Meghan McCain is Not Generation Y’s Best Voice… Yet… By David Swindle
- David Swindle’s Books In Depth: David Horowitz’s Conservatism, Postmodern Conservatism, Generation Y Conservatism By David Swindle